Southeast Michigan's Estate Attorneys Specializing in Asset Protection
Based in Royal Oak & serving All of SE Michigan, we’ll help you with every step in the estate planning process.
If you already have an estate plan in place but think that you may like to make some changes, the Nakisher Law Firm can help. We offer a free estate plan review for all of our clients, whether we drafted the original estate plan or not. We will take a detailed look at your plan to make sure that you have a thorough understanding of what the documents say and how everything operates. If you decide that changes need to be made, we will draft an amendment, codicil or restatement that will reflect your current wishes.
We’ll Review Your Estate Plan Whenever Necessary
As a rule of thumb, it’s wise to have your estate plan reviewed every five years, or when any major life changes occur. In determining whether you need an estate plan, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to preserve your assets for your children or other loved ones?
- Do you want to decide who will receive your assets upon your passing?
- Do you want to choose who will take custody of your minor children should something happen to you?
- Do you want to avoid probate court?
- Do you want to decide who will make medical decisions for you if you’re unable to do so on your own?
- Do you want to specifically exclude a family member from receiving any of your assets?
- Do you have a family member who currently receives government assistance, including Medicaid?
- Do you want to decrease the tax liability of your estate?
- Do you have a child who is having financial difficulties, or is in a failing marriage?
- Do you want your children to receive their inheritance only after reaching a particular age?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you need an estate plan drafted by an experienced estate attorney. At the Nakisher Law Firm, we always offer a complimentary consultation to address any estate planning or other legal questions that you may have. You can rest assured that you will be treated with the courtesy, respect, and care that is the trademark of our legal practice.